Created by: Kraft
Serve up the giggles and give guests a slice of yum with this easy and colorful cake.
- 2 baked 9-inch round white cake layers, cooled
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (3 oz. each) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 4 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups assorted bug- or worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- Place cake layers, top-sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mixes in small bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Pour over cake layers in pans. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip bottoms of cake pans in warm water for 10 seconds, then unmold. Fill and frost cake layers with whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Decorate cake with cookie crumbs and fruit snacks as desired.
- Cake layers can be baked weeks ahead and frozen. Thaw layers, then continue with recipe beginning with piercing the cake layers with fork.