Created by: The Simple Truth Blog
This hearty chili is delicious and filling. Serve warm with toppings like diced avocado, cheese, or crushed tortilla chips.
Cook time: 1 hour and 15 min | Prep time: 10 min | Serves: 8 | Yields: 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organi® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth Organic® Sweet Corn, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. Simple Truth Organic® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Simple Truth Organic® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic® Quinoa
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic® Vegetable Broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Simple Truth Organic® Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can Simple Truth Organic® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) cans Simple Truth Organic® Red Kidney Beans, drained
- In a medium pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for about seven minutes.
- Add garlic, pepper, corn, chili powder, cocoa, cinnamon, oregano and salt and sauté for another minute. Add quinoa, broth, tomatoes with juice, and beans.
- Bring to a full boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer (covered) for an hour.