Enjoy a bowl of warm, nourishing goodness that you can customize to suit your personal taste. Fill your bowl with fresh, in-season vegetables, savory turmeric tahini sauce and protein-packed tofu.
Hands-on Time: 30 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Long-Grain Brown Rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 cups carrots, julienned, or diced sweet potatoes or butternut squash
- 1 cup red bell peppers, julienned
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Low-Sodium Tamari
- 7 oz. soft tofu, drained and cut into 4 triangles
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Tahini
- 3 Tbsp. ginger juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Honey
- 1 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
- ½ cup boiling water
- 4 green onions, minced, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread a large baking sheet with coconut oil and arrange the Brussels sprouts, carrots and bell peppers on the sheet. Roast until they begin to brown, tossing occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- In a small sauté pan heat the sesame oil and add the mushrooms. Sauté until they begin to soften. Add the tamari and simmer, adding the tofu triangles to the pan and heat together with the sauce on low heat, turning the tofu to warm both sides.
- To make the sauce, add all the ingredients except the boiling water and green onions to the blender. Blend, slowly drizzling in the warm water.
- Assemble to bowl by dividing the rice into four bowls and topping with the vegetables, tofu, mushroom sauce, and drizzled with the tahini sauce. Sprinkle with green onions and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 490, Calories from Fat 240, Total Fat 27g (42% DV), Saturated Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates 50g (17% DV), Dietary Fiber 11g (44% DV), Sugars 12g, Protein 18g, Vitamin A 230%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 15%, Iron 30%.