Boost your breakfast with a bowl so delicious, you’ll never believe it’s packed with veggies! Sweet potatoes are loaded with nutrients, including Vitamins A, C, and B6 as well as manganese, potassium and dietary fiber. Grab a spoon, and eat your way to good health!
Hands-on Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 50 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth™ Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Pecan Pieces
- ¼ cup Simple Truth™ Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- ¼ cup Simple Truth™ Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Simple Truth™ Maple Syrup
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Roast for 35-40 minutes until completely soft. On another baking tray, roast the pecan pieces for 7-8 minutes and add the coconut flakes for the last 2 minutes of baking. Roast until golden.
- When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove the skin with a paring knife. The skin can easily be pulled off using your fingers.
- Mash the sweet potato and divide into 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with a half tablespoon of coconut oil and half of a teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. Mash together to integrate.
- Top the bowls with remaining toppings and eat warm.
Per serving: Calories 340, Calories from Fat 180, Total Fat 21g (32% DV), Saturated Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 45mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates 37g (12% DV), Dietary Fiber 5g (20% DV), Sugars 24g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 220%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.