A slightly sweet honey garlic sauce tops off this comforting creamy chicken and vegetable meal.
Hands-on Time: 30 min.| Total Time: 6 hrs. | Serves: 4-8 | Difficulty: Easy
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Kroger™ Honey
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, halved
- ½ lb. baby carrots
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- ½ lb. green beans
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the broth, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onions in the slow cooker.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables and pour the broth mixture over the chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 4½ -5½ hours, adding in the green beans in the last hour.
- Remove vegetables and chicken when done cooking. With a fine mesh sieve, strain the cooking juices into a medium bowl. Transfer juices into a small saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Whisk into the juices in the saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk for 5 minutes, until it has thickened.
- Whisk in the butter and soy sauce.
- Serve sauce with the chicken and vegetables.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 290, Calories from Fat 70, Total Fat 8g (12% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 520mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates 27g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 3g (12% DV), Sugars 12g, Protein 29g, Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.