Created by: Amy Christie, this heart of mine
Savory and comforting, Spaghetti Carbonara is a tasty choice for a weeknight (or weekend) meal. It comes together very easily and it’s ready in almost no time. The egg sticks to the noodles, making them extra filling while the bacon, garlic and parsley add the flavor.
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly-grated (plus more for topping)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, freshly chopped
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. After it’s cooked, reserve ½ cup of pot water before draining the pasta.
- As the pasta cooks, whisk together eggs and cheese in a separate small bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until brown and crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and chop. Reserve the excess fat.
- Add the garlic to the same skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the cooked pasta. Add in the egg mixture, stirring to combine and cook. Use the reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency.
- Season the mix with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.