Created by: Leigh Ann Hieronymus
Fresh pesto is a snap to make, and in this recipe meaty halibut is seared and finished in the oven.
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves, packed
- shallot, chopped
- clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 halibut fillets, about 6 oz. each
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- For pesto, in a food processor, pulse together basil, parsley, shallot, garlic, walnuts, pine nuts, ⅔ cup olive oil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Place fish directly on pan. Sear approximately 1-2 minutes and turn. (It will smoke and cook very fast - be careful not to overcook.) Place in oven and cook for about 5 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Serve with pesto.