Wow your guests with this sweet-smoky-salty and delicious margarita. Make the base ahead and shake to order.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 1 hr. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Medium
- 4 slices fresh, peeled pineapple rings, each ¾” thick
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 6 oz. Suaza Silver Tequila
- 3 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. agave nectar
- Lime wedges
- Coarse smoked salt or coarse salt
- Heat coals or gas grill. Place pineapple and pepper on grill. Cover and grill 4-6” from medium heat 10 minutes, turning halfway through grilling, until pineapple is golden brown and pepper begin to blacken and blister.
- Chop pineapple into 1” pieces.
- In medium bowl or 4 cup measure, firmly muddle pineapple with potato masher or cocktail muddler to extract juice. Add jalapeño; muddle 2-3 more times. Strain juice into 1 quart pitcher or jar with lid; discard solids. Add tequila, lime juice, triple sec and agave nectar. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For each margarita, rub rim of rocks glass with lime wedge; dip in smoked salt. Fill glass with ice
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Pour 4 ounces margarita mixture over ice. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glass.
Per serving: Calories 2830, Calories from Fat 0, Total Fat 0g (0% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Carbohydrates 20g (7% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 17g, Protein 0g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.