Created by: Leigh Ann Hieronymus
As a child, my neighbor made these delicious popcorn balls for Halloween treats!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 cups popcorn, already popped
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- candy thermometer
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the popped popcorn in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan add butter, corn syrup, sugar and water. Heat mixture until it comes to a boil. Add the vanilla and salt and mix.
- Pour the mixture a little at a time evenly over popcorn, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Grease hands with butter, and scoop up a handful of popcorn. Press it firmly between your hands, forming a ball shape. Make sure that the balls are compact; loosely formed popcorn balls easily fall apart.
- Place the popcorn balls on the prepared baking sheet and allow them to firm up at room temperature.