These juicy burgers are full of family favorite flavors - Italian seasoning, cheese and pizza sauce.
Hands-on Time: 25 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sandwich buns or ciabatta rolls, split, toasted if desired
- 4 Tbsp. pizza sauce, warmed
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Mix ground beef, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties, ½” thick and 3½” diameter, pressing a depression in the center of each.
- Cook 5-6 minutes or until depression fills with juices. Turn and cook 5-7 minutes longer or until no longer pink in center and thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F. Top with cheese last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Fill buns with burgers and top with pizza sauce. If desired, serve extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Per serving: Calories 460, Calories from Fat 220, Total Fat 25g (38% DV), Saturated Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 1g, Cholesterol 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 740mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates 27g (9% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Sugars 5g, Protein 32g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 30%, Iron 25%