Got a little extra time? Try roasting the vegetables in these easy vegetarian tacos for an even richer taste.
Cook time: 20-25 min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: (X) | Yields: (X)
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. fresh zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 1 package Old El Paso® mild taco seasoning mix
- 16-ounce can Old El Paso® vegetarian refried beans
- 12-count Old El Paso® Taco Shells
- green leaf lettuce leaves
- sliced red bell pepper
- cilantro leaves
- Warm the sunflower oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions until they soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and the chopped peppers and sauté until they begin to release liquid, about 3 minutes. Add the Old El Paso® Mild Seasoning Mix and stir. Continue to cook until the mixture starts to simmer, about 3 to 4 more minutes. The zucchini may continue to release liquid while it cooks.
- Serve with the cooked Old El Paso® Vegetarian Refried Beans, Old El Paso® Taco Shells, and the rest of the accompaniments.