Created by: Sharon Garofalow, Cupcakes and Cutlery
These cinnamon and sugar wonton cups are the perfectly crunchy way to hold fresh fruit. These bite-size goodies can be eaten without a plate, so they’re a perfect party treat!
- 1 package wonton wrappers (you’ll use 15 for this recipe but there will be leftovers!)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries (cut the larger ones in half)
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. grated ginger
- Mint (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers and brush one side, lightly, with olive oil.
- Sprinkle wonton wrappers with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place wonton wrappers in mini muffin tin. Use your fingers to push the wrappers into the bottom of the pan and gently press the wrappers to the sides, making them resemble a cup to hold the fruit.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until dark brown and crisp. It’s better to overcook these rather than undercook them, as they will be chewy. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the blueberries, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and ginger.
- When wonton cups are completely cooled, spoon in fruit mixture.
- Top with mint if desired.
- Using in-season fruit ensures natural sweetness. Switch up this recipe by using your favorite fruits!
- This recipe can be increased to serve more guests very easily. Just add more fresh fruit and bake off more wonton cups. A package of wonton wrappers will take you far!