Miniature phyllo cups make it easy to create a delicious appetizer without a ton of work! Fill them with traditional Italian salad ingredients to make savory bite size snacks you can serve before dinner or as part of an appetizer-only spread.
Hands-on Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
Serves: 30 | Difficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- 6 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 boxes (1.9 oz. each) frozen miniature phyllo shells (30 shells)
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, tomatoes, oil and basil; toss gently to combine.
- Arrange phyllo shells on a baking sheet. Fill each shell with about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Sprinkle each with a few salt flakes and the pepper.
- Bake phyllo cups 8-10 minutes until heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 40, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 2.5g (4% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol < 5mg (1% DV), Sodium 50mg (2% DV), Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 0g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 0%.