Created by: Carrie Robinson, Frugal Foodie Mama
Score a touchdown for the big game with this easy to make Mexican Mole Turkey Chili. This hearty chili is rich in flavor, but low in fat and calories, making it the perfect guilt-free gameday food.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. Kroger Fresh Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Simple Truth™ Organic Diced Tomatoes in Juice No Salt Added
- 1 jar (15 oz.) Simple Truth™ Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth™ Organic Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- Kroger Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, then add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add in the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula as it cooks. Add in the cocoa, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30-40 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh jalapeno slices and sour cream, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.