Created by: Hannah Hagler, Champagne Lifestyle
The solution to soggy packed lunches? Mason jar salads! This one combines cannellini beans, tomatoes, red onion and arugula in a delicious dressing.
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ¼ small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¾ tsp. mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Whisk together the red wine vinegar, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, mustard powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil, continuing to whisk.
- Add the beans to the dressing and toss.
- Evenly distribute the beans among four mason jars (1 pint size preferred).
- Add tomatoes, red onion and arugula.
Use large-mouth jars for easy access to your salad. Screw on the lids and store the jars in the refrigerator until you're ready to eat.