Watermelon heated on the grill takes on a whole new flavor and texture. The sweet smoky flavor is enhanced by the salty feta cheese and bacon.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 15 min. | Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices (¾") watermelon, each cut in half
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme or oregano
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- Brush both sides of watermelon slices with oil. Grill 5 minutes on one side. Turn over; top with cheese and bacon. Grill 3 minutes longer or just until warmed. Cut each in half and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Per serving: Calories 100, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates 3g (1% DV), Dietary Fiber 0g (0% DV), Sugars 3g, Protein 3g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.