These delicious mini skewers are great for a light dessert after a big meal. Omit the caramel sauce and they would also be a delicious appetizer or side dish.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 6 | Difficulty: Easy
- 12 (6”) wooden skewers
- ¼ fresh pineapple, peeled, cut in 12 (1½”) cubes
- 1 mango, peeled, cut in 12 (1½”) cubes
- 12 strawberries, hulled
- 2 large bananas, each cut in 6 pieces
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅓ cup caramel sauce, warmed
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Thread fruit on skewers.
- In small bowl, whisk oil, honey and ginger with wire whisk until mixed, brush generously over fruit, being sure to coat bananas well. Grill 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, turning once or twice.
- Remove from grill. Drizzle with caramel.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Per serving: Calories 220, Calories from Fat 45, Total Fat 5g (8% DV), Saturated Fat 0g (0% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 65mg (3% DV), Carbohydrates 45g (15% DV), Dietary Fiber 4g (16% DV), Sugars 25g, Protein 2g, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 130%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%