Try adding fresh basil to this sauce for extra Italian street cred. Have leftover sauce? Freeze ½ cup portions and drizzle it over pasta, or spread on an English muffin for a quick lunch.
Cook time: X min | Prep time: (X) min | Serves: X | Yields: X
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 oz) Muir Glen® organic tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to storage container and cover; refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 4 months.