Created by: Danelle McCollum of the Let's Dish blog.
For a special make-ahead meal even on the most hectic night, simply stock these homemade empanadas in your freezer and some PeakFection® Salsa and Guacamole in your fridge.
15 min | Prep time: 15 min | Serves: 6-8 | Yields: 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded Colby Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup PeakFection® Red Salsa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) package refrigerated pie crusts
Ingredients: Salsa Ranch Dip
- 1/2 cup PeakFection® Red Salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for empanadas, except pie crusts, until well blended.
- Unroll one pie crust onto parchment paper, or a lightly floured surface. Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut rounds from dough. Re-roll dough as needed.
- Place 1 generous tsp. filling in the center of the rounds. Brush edges of dough with water and fold over to cover filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pie crust and filling. (If desired, the recipe can be made up to this point and frozen).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make the Salsa Ranch Dip, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Serve with empanadas.