Created by: The Simple Truth Blog
This fresh, flavorful salad makes a delicious weeknight dinner or a side salad for a spring get-together.
Cook time: 8-12 min | Prep time: 35 min | Serves: 4 | Yields: 4 servings
- 1 package Simple Truth Organic® Thinly Sliced Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic® Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Simple Truth Organic® Baby Spring Mix
- 1 avocado
- 1 package Simple Truth Organic® Grape Tomatoes
- Place the chicken breasts in a plastic bag, and add the olive oil and lemon juice. Let marinate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes and avocado.
- Place the chicken on a preheated grill pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes and rotate the chicken 45 degrees to create grill marks. Let cook another 1 to 2 minutes, then flip. Cook again for 2 minutes, then rotate 45 degrees to finish cooking. The internal temperature should be at least 165°F.
- Assemble the salads: Place the spring mix in the bottom of a bowl and top with a chicken breast. Garnish with sliced avocados and tomatoes. Serve with your family’s favorite salad dressing.