Homemade Hanukkah coins with a wealth of new flavors.
Hands-On Time: 25 min.
Total Time: 1 hr. 25 min.
Serves: 8 | Difficulty: Easy
- 10 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. dried cherries, chopped very fine
- 2 Tbsp. roasted, salted pistachios, chopped very fine
- Gold or silver foil wrappers
- Brush the cups of a mini-muffin pan with cooking oil, or prepare them with non-stick food spray; set aside. If your muffin pan has fewer than 24 cups, you may need to repeat steps 2-5.
- Mix dried cherries and salted pistachios thoroughly together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, in 30-second intervals, until melted.
- Place about 1½ tsp. melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Top each with a small pinch of cherry and pistachio bits.
- Refrigerate 1 hour until solid. Remove from pan; wrap coins in gold or silver foil. Draw coin faces and reverses with marker, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 120, Calories from Fat 80, Total Fat 9g (14% DV), Saturated Fat 4.5g (22% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 20mg (7% DV), Sodium 30mg (1% DV), Carbohydrates 9g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber < 1g (2% DV), Sugars 4g, Protein 1g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.