Bourbon adds the perfect touch of savory flavor to the smoky marinade in this recipe. Pineapple provides a touch of sweetness to complete it.
Hands-on Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 45 min. | Serves: 24 | Difficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup Jim Beam® Bourbon
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 2 pork tenderloins (about ¾ lb. each)
- 24 small Hawaiian dinner rolls, sliced
- 24 thin slices fresh pineapple, about 2” wide
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- In heavy-duty resealable bag, combine bourbon, brown sugar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, garlic and chili powder. Add tenderloin; seal. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 12 hours.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Place pork on grill rack over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 18-22 minutes, turning several times, until pork has slight blush of pink in center and meat thermometer inserted in center reads 145°F. Let stand 3 minutes.
- Slice pork into ¼” slices. Divide among buns; top with barbecue sauce, pineapple slices and tops of buns. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.