These minimalist paper ornaments are playful enough to hang in your children’s bedrooms and pretty enough to hang in your front window.
Using one color creates an ultra-modern look; for a fun twist, you can mix and match patterned cardstock or scrapbooking paper of complementary colors.
- Construction paper, your choice of color(s)
- Scissors or sliding paper trimmer
- Hole punch
- Thin ribbon
- Cut paper into 1½”-wide strips. For each ornament, you’ll need two 12”-long strips, two 10”-long strips and one 8½”-inch long strip.
- Sandwich strips together with the shortest on the inside and the longest on the outside, so that all of the strips’ ends line up on one side, then staple that side together.
- Slide the paper strips so that the opposite ends line up flush (the longer strips will bow out), then staple the second side.
- Punch a hole in one end and string ribbon through to hang.
Tip: To size these ornaments to hang from Christmas tree branches, scale down all measurements by half.