Created by: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Products
Everyone loves balloons! Follow these directions to make them out of yarn in springtime colors to add a little pizzazz to your party.
What You'll Need:
- White craft glue
- Yarn in any color
- Start by combining glue and water in a bowl until the mix has the consistency of acrylic paint.
- Take a balloon and blow it up halfway (around 5” in diameter).
- Take a few handfuls of yarn and submerge them in the glue mixture. To avoid tangling, wrap it around your hand first.
- Take the wet yarn and wrap it in random patterns around the balloon. To ensure that everything is covered with glue, dunk your yarn-covered balloon in the glue mixture. Remove any excess liquid with a gentle squeeze.
- Make sure your yarn balloon is completely dry. Hang it overnight or set it on wax paper for 12 hours. The balloon should feel stiff. Once everything has dried completely, go ahead and pop the balloon, then pull the scraps out. You can use the decorative yarn balls in a garland, or use them to add some color to a fruit bowl.